An impressive piece of lawn maintenance equipment from Black and Decker, this battery-operated hedge trimmer is going to give you all of the utility that you would have expected from a gas operated piece of equipment without all of a headache and hassle that those machines bring to the table.
Designed specifically to provide a tremendous amount of cutting time on a single charge, this 42-inch 22-inch blade system is going to make quick work of pretty much everything and anything you come across. On top of that, the lithium-ion battery system recharges much faster than older nickel-cadmium batteries, and you’ll never have to worry about dragging a cord around your yard, either.
- One of the biggest advantages the be able to leverage when you go with this hedge trimmer is the fact that it is completely powered by battery, with no electrical cords or gas necessary for it to get the job done.
- Instead of having to worry about cleaning and maintaining your gas powered hedge trimmer, mixing gas in just the right ratio so that it operates the way it should, or dragging electrical cords all over your property, you’re going to be able to trim all of your hedges with this battery-operated machine.
- On top of that, it’s able to cut up to 3000 ft.² of hedges on a single charge. All of that is because of the innovative lithium-ion battery system, as well as the quick charging mechanism of these new lithium-ion batteries. Just an hour’s worth of charge provides you with a full battery, and there’s even a “speed charge” that will get you back into action for 30 minutes off of a 15 minute charge.
- Of course, there are some downsides to moving forward with the Black and Decker LHT2220 22-Inch 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer.
- For starters, we’re still talking about a battery-operated piece of equipment here. It isn’t quite as powerful or as potent as gas operated machines – though the gap is getting closer.
- Secondly, you’re going to need to purchase a second battery (or a couple of batteries) to make sure that you’re able to tackle all of your yard maintenance without any downtime. There are few things worse than getting half of your hedges done and then having to wait a long time for your system to recharge.
As far as standout features are concerned, the vibration dampening technology that this hedge trimmer takes advantage of is second to none.These 22-inch blades with dual action will cut through almost everything, but aren’t going to shake you silly in the process!
At the end of the day, there are a lot of different hedge trimmer is out there to take advantage of. You’re going to find that the Black and Decker LHT2220 22-Inch 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer is one of the top options in the battery-operated arena, and well worth purchasing.