Last Updated on
Inventions make life easier. Along these lines, there is an invention that has blessed the lives of those who like mowing their gardens. This machine is known as a riding lawn mower. As the name suggests, a riding lawn mower is an extraordinary landmower that you can ride. All you have to do is sit comfortably, ride your mower like a car, and watch as your garden gets mowed. It’s that easy.
A riding land mower is perfect for golf parks or large residential lawns. In order for the mowers to work, the terrain must be plain. If the terrain is complex, it becomes hard to direct the mini-tractor shaped mower. Keep reading our article to choose the right riding lawn mower for you.
Top Best Riding Lawn Mower Under 1500 Comparison Chart
- YARD MACHINES 420cc
- Powered by a strong 420cc Engine
- Features a 42-inch blade that can cut a very wide area
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
- POULAN PRO 960420182 Briggs
- Oscillating Front Axle with a 6 in turning radius
- Durability and performance delivered by a 155 HP Briggs & Stratton
- 10 yr Limited Warranty on the deck shell
- TROY-BILT 382cc 30-Inch
- Powered by a 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine
- Designed with an 18-Inch turning radius with 13x5-inch front wheels
- Manual power take-off for fast and easy blade engagement
Top 3 Best Riding Lawn Mower For the Money (Under 1500$)
1. Yard Machines 42-Inch Riding Lawn Tractor
As the name suggests, the Yard Machine mower resembles mini-tractors that are primarily used in golf course areas. The machine comes with a superior 420cc engine and a gear design with a 7-speed shift. The 42-inch in the name stands for the size of the cutting blade. This indicates that the mower can maneuver through very large pieces of land.
It is often noted that lawn-mowing is a back-breaking chore. But, if you choose the Yard Machines Mower, you will have a very comfortable experience. The seat designs are very sleek and comfortable. The Yard Mower is the best-value lawn tractor.
- The design comes with the Go Drive System that helps the machine to effortlessly move and turn around.
- It doesn’t matter how difficult the terrain is: Yard Machines are perfect for maneuvering complex terrains. You will get a perfect, textured and equal pattern – the blades will cut the grass into your desired size.
- The durability of the engine and the horsepower provided is impeccable.
- It is the best riding lawn mower under $1,500 and saves you a lot of time by covering and grooming large piece of land at once.
- The tractor design gives amazing stability when it comes to turning and moving around. Thanks to the comfy seat provided, mowing the lawn no longer has to be a herculean task.
- The assemblage of parts is not complete, leaving the buyer with a lot of work to do upon purchase.
2. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
Troy-Bilt has been selling good-quality riding land mowers for more than 75 years at very reasonable prices. The company is committed to offering impeccable services with regard to the maneuvering of magnificent land areas.
This mower is compact in size and has two different sets of cutting decks. One set is wide and is placed behind the mower, while the other set is smaller and reaches the places where the land mower cannot go. Another feature of the Troy-Bilt is its compact size, making it easy to be stored in a shed or garage, for example.
When navigating through the classic features of this land mower, you will appreciate its turning radius, which is as small as 18 inches. You can move this machinery like a mini-tractor around your lawn. The front wheels of the mower are 13*5 inch, while the back wheels are 16*6.5 inches. Go through the following pros and cons to gain a balanced insight about this product.
- The Troy-Bilt land Mower has an OHV engine, offering speeds of 4.25 MPH.
- Manual adjustment of power for the fast take off and moving speed.
- Weights only 336 pounds.
- The seat of the mower comes with added comfort, which can be adjusted for a better grip on the steering wheels.
- This land mower is not efficient when it comes to cutting uneven terrains or huge pieces of commercial land.
3. Poulan Pro 960420182 Briggs Drive Riding Mower
The Poulan land mower has been made for lawn-enthusiasts who enjoy grooming and maneuvering their land. This land mower is not a typical riding land mower; instead, it is a powerful machine with superior-quality features. The Poulan Pro Hydrostatic Riding Mover is known for its agile and durable quality.
Along with its hydrostatic transmission feature, the machine has a different set of decks that are used for different cutting heights. With this product, mowing your land will no longer feel like a chore. Read the following pointers to develop a better understanding of this product.
- The Poulan Pro comes with intuitive motion-sensor controls. You don’t need to be a pro to start it. The design makes everything hassle-free and saves you time.
- The convenient speed adjuster helps to change the speed very smoothly – with the help of a lever.
- This hydrostatic transmission mower comes with six cutting positions. These cutting positions help to provide flexible adjustments, so you can cut the favorable size of grass and maneuver your lawn in good fashion.
- The best thing about Poulan Pro is that you can use the riding mower on uneven patches of land.
- The product’s warranty period is limited to two years.
- The buyer needs to assemble the seat, steering wheel, and battery, which can be quite a fussy task to do.
Buying The Best Riding Lawn Mower – What do You Need to Know?
There are a lot of things that you should keep in mind when it comes to buying the best riding lawn mower. The following points will help you to make the right choice:
- Buy a mower with a small turning radius. A turning radius means how easy it is to turn a mower around and swing it amidst shrubs, bushes, and trees. The smaller the radius, the easier it is to turn around. If you have a lawn with a tacky pattern of trees and bushes, then ensure that you buy the good riding lawn mower. This allows you to change gears easily and turn around smoothly.
- You will need to choose a lawn mower with a good speed if you do not want to spend hours on the task at hand. After all, land mowing is often seen as a tiresome chore, not as a hobby or a passion. If you share this viewpoint, a multi-speed lawn mower is the best riding lawn mower for you, saving you money and time.
- Engine power is also important when it comes to buying a mower. Since a land mower is just like a mini-tractor, which has an engine and an oil tank, one should consider the range of horsepower provided by the engine.
- Next comes the cutting blades. The size of the mowing deck helps to decide the width of the area you want to mow in a single go. These cutting decks come in a lot of different sizes, the largest being around 61 inches, grooming around 3 arches of width together in one go.
Should I buy accessories for my Riding Lawn Mower?
Yes, you will need to buy a set of accessories with a riding lawn mower. These accessories not only make the task easier, but give your lawn a classic, maneuvered look. These accessories include:
If you are sensitive to sun or light and need to groom your lawn in the evening, then you must buy a pair of lights for your mower. These lights are easy to install and are well-built, so they will not hang loose.
A lawn mower needs a cart to dump the waste instead of spreading it hither and thither. These carts come in several styles and sizes. Choose a cart that is easy to hook at the back of the mower and isn’t a heavy construction requiring extra horsepower. You can choose the dimensions as per your requirements.
If you are into fabricated fashion, you can go for baggers instead of carts. These baggers come with in-built clipping and can be easily attached and detached. The advantage of using these baggers over carts is that the waste material won’t fly away, even in extremely breezy situations.
- Bumpers and brush guards:
You can protect your mower by installing some extra guards and bumpers to save the machinery from dents. This makes the mowers more durable and agile.
Riding lawn mowers are an important part of one’s garden kit because they help to maintain the lawn by landscaping it in fancy ways. The size of a lawn is the first deciding factor when it comes to buying an appropriate mower. An individual should also know about the terrain of his/her land and then choose the appropriate cutting deck and engine.
So, save yourself a lot of time and effort with the riding lawn mowers. These are also called garden tractors. Enjoy the ride while you get some cleaning and grooming done!