There is always something to do around the yard, but nothing is more complicated than pruning and trimming shrubs and branches that are high-up. In this situation, you have the choice of calling in the professionals to take care of such difficult task. However, there is an easy way to do this job yourself.
Get a gas pole saw. It is an efficient tool that will give you the reach to remove tree limbs and branches that would normally require a ladder, a sky lift, or climbing equipment. The best gas pole saws come with interchangeable additions and are able to do many other tasks.
Top Gas Pole Saw Comparison Chart
- Remington RM2599 Maverick
- 25cc 2-cycle engine has plenty of power
- 8-inch Bar and Chain are mounted on a 7-foot extension pole
- Allows the user to reach up to 12 feet
- TrimmerPlus PS720
- 8-inch bar and chain with auto oiler
- Reach up to 12 feet with a 7-foot pole
- Perfect for trimming high branches
- Gas Pole Saw,Maxtra 42.7CC 2-Cycle
- This gas powered pole saw can be adjust from 8.2 to 11.4 ft
- The portable tool kit with powerful 42.7cc,1100w, 2-stroke engine
- Comes with shoulder strap,chain covers,tool kit and manual
- Gas Powered Pole Saw, 25.4CC, 12 In. L
- 18.9 pounds weight
- Telescoping Pruner With Rubber Padding On Front And Rear Handles
- Heavy-duty Gear Case W/ 12" Bar
- Poulan Pro 967089801
- SureFire Fuel Delivery System. Easy as..Prime, Choke and Pull
- Auto return stop switch automatically resets to the ON position for easier starting
- Air Purge removes air from carburetor
- BLUE MAX 53542 32.6 cc Gasoline Pole Saw
- 10" Bar & Chain
- 3/8" Pitch
- Clutch Engagement Speed 4,500 RPM
5 Best Gas Pole Saw Reviews 2018
Remington RM2599 Maverick 25cc 2-Cycle 8-Inch Gas Pole Saw
This gas powered device is designed to help you reach high branches and limbs above the ground, without having to climb a ladder. It comes with a 7-foot extension pole with a removable section, so you can adjust it to any length you need. A 2-cycle engine provides enough power to help you complete difficult tasks with ease.
This device accepts attachments and can easily be turned into a leaf blower, garden cultivator and hedge trimmer – for example. The special chain design allows you to cut branches with less kickback and the auto oiler ensures that the chain is always properly lubricated.
- Product dimensions are 12 x 10.8 x 38 inches. It weighs 17.5 pounds.
- It is equipped with a strong, gas powered 25cc 2-cycle engine.
- It has Quick Start technology.
- It offers two different pole lengths, allowing you to reach up to 12 feet in height.
- An 8-inch bar with chains is automatically lubricated to ensure smooth functioning.
- It has low kickback because of its special bar and chain design.
- It accepts most attachments and can easily be transformed into a powerful leaf blower – etc.
- The product comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- A lightweight piece of equipment you can easily move around with
- The saw is cordless and equipped with powerful, gas-powered engine
- The engine is strong and provides enough power to allow even the most difficult tasks to be done in a short amount of time
- It doesn’t come with a strap
- Some of the parts may become loose over time
- Unsuitable for big yards
TrimmerPlus PS720 8-Inch Pole Saw with Bar and Chain
The Trimmer Plus Saw with bar and chain is designed for pruning and clearing up trees and hedges. It comes with two different extension sections that allow you to reach up to 12-feet, depending on your height. To maintain a top-cutting performance, the bar and chain are constantly lubricated, thanks to the automatic built-in feature.
This is a versatile tool compatible with various attachments and is easily transformed into any device you might need around your yard. The same manufacturer offers a wide range of attachments you are able to use with most trimmers that have split boom capabilities.
- Product dimensions are 4.4 x 35.8 x 5.9 inches. It weighs around 3.5 pounds.
- It has two different pole size options and allows you to reach up to 12-feet in height.
- Automatic lubrication ensures smooth running, with minimum noise produced.
- The same manufacturer offers a full line of attachments to choose from.
- You are able to pair it up with many different attachments and have an all-in one specialized tool to complete any chore with minimum effort.
- It comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- A lightweight, versatile tool for every chore in your yard
- Two different length options reach up to 12-feet in height
- Very safe to use
- Operates quietly
- A lot of power stored in a small and handy device
- Many attachments to choose from
- Users report problems with the chain coming off
- It has many plastic parts that tend to break and get damaged
Husqvarna 525PT5S 12 inch 25.4 cc Telescopic 156 inch Pole Saw
This is a professional tool that features a telescopic tube with fast cutting height adjustment, enabling you to reach branches and limbs up to 156 inches above ground. It comes with a specialized harness that helps you secure the device and maneuver it with ease. The harness supports your back and shoulders, reducing strain as you reach out to trim the higher branches.
Especially-designed, powerful X-Torq engine provides rapid acceleration, with efficient fuel consumption and low emissions. The engine is protected from wear and damage by a special rear impact guard whilst the stop switch automatically resets to the “on” position.
- The product weighs around 15.5 pounds and has a cylinder displacement of 25.4 cm3.
- Easily adjustable telescopic tube allows you to reach branches as high as 156 inches.
- The engine starter is designed to start quickly with minimum effort.
- It comes with an ergonomic harness that provides flexible suspension to reduce stress on your back, shoulders and arms in all working positions.
- The two-piece shaft is easy to transport.
- The product comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty, but you might be able to get the extended one that lasts up to 5 years.
- Easily reach high branches and limbs without a ladder
- The main handle design provides full control of the shaft and chain
- Ergonomic harness for maximum comfort while working
- Powerful engine starts quickly
- It is safe for the environment because it runs with little fuel and has low emissions
- It is a product designed with professionals in mind
- Compared to its competition, this saw is on the heavier side
Gas Pole Saw, Maxtra 42.7CC 2-Cycle Extendable Cordless Saw
The Maxtra gas pole saw is a portable unit designed for use in all kinds of situations. It is cordless and can easily be maneuvered to cut branches, wood, or to log and prune. The pole can be adjusted from 8.2 – 11.4 feet and, with its 10-inch cutting length, you can safely cut branches of 13 – 16.5 feet without using a ladder or having to climb onto trees.
- The saw is cordless, battery-free and gas-powered, which makes maneuvering it very easy.
- It has an engine displacement of 42.7cc and a maximum engine power of 1100-W.
- 2-cycle engine is air-cooled and built-in filters protect it from overheating.
- It comes with built-in safety features.
- Length adjusts to 11.4 feet with a 10-inch cutting bar.
- It comes with an anti-slip and anti-rotation hand bar and specially-designed shoulder straps.
- The chain is always properly lubricated, thanks to the automatic lubrication system.
- It has an inertia-activated chain break for less kickback.
- The saw comes with a large capacity fuel tank, allowing you to work for extended periods of time with no trouble
- The powerful engine with Quick Start technology is easy to operate and makes your work effortless and secure
- It comes with additional safety features
- The instruction manual is poorly written
- It is heavier than other products in this category
- It has many plastic parts
HUSQVARNA OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT PA1100 Pole Saw Atta
This heavy-duty pole saw attachment makes it easier to reach trees and bushes without having to climb on a ladder or use a sky lift. The total length of the attachment is around 6-feet and it weighs around 5 pounds. It fits several models of the same manufacturer and is powerful and very easy to use.
It is also lightweight and specially-balanced to cut with precision. meaning less fatigue for you. It is a great tool to have around when you have tall trees that need trimming but don’t like ladders – or are unable to place them securely on the ground.
- Product dimensions are 7.5 x 5 x 44.7 inches and it weighs under 5 pounds.
- Shaft length is 32 inches and cutting width is 6 inches
- The length of the heavy-duty pole is 12-feet. With this, you are able to reach branches, limbs and bushes without additional climbing equipment.
- The saw is sharp and allows you to do chores around the yard in a short space of time.
- It is compatible with various models designed to support the 43-inch boom.
- Its sturdy composition allows you to cut through hard materials with ease.
- Lightweight product with a lot of power
- It is easy-to-use, detach and store, so it is convenient
- It allows you to trim your trees safely, without having to use additional climbing tools
- It is made from good-quality materials and has a sturdy composition
- Not compatible with all the models from the same manufacturer
- The length of the pole is not adjustable
- Some wish it was longer
Why Do You Need a Gas Pole Saw?
Gas pole saws are ideal tools to get the job of pruning and trimming trees and shrubs done quickly and easily. When used correctly, they also make the job safer. They are cordless and, as a result, are easy to maneuver and carry around. Depending on the manufacturer, they are equipped with engines that can run up to an hour without overheating.
Most of them have a built-in automatic lubrication system in charge of providing optimal working conditions and ensuring a smooth operation from start to finish. A gas pole saw allows you to complete tasks without having to use a ladder or similar equipment. As a result, you don’t have to worry about unstable ground, additional costs and risks that come with climbing and cutting tree limbs from above. You are able to easily reach high branches, when using such a tool. However, the pole is usually able to extend to a desired length to allow for horizontal trimming as well.
Gas pole saws are lightweight yet powerful tools. In most cases, they are good for the environment becauses they work efficiently and require small amounts of fuel. In return, this results in low gas emissions. Depending on the manufacturer, they come with interchangeable attachments, ergonomic harnesses, and non-slip covers for the handles. These increase your safety and allow you to complete the tasks like a professional.
How Are Gas Pole Saws Used?
As we have said, gas pole saws are versatile devices that are very useful around the yard, if they are used with caution.
Before starting a new task, plan your course of action carefully. Clear out the working area and make sure no people or animals will be exposed to the falling branches once you start working.
In addition, pay attention to your own safety. Use safety gear – such as goggles, a helmet, boots and gloves – and then position yourself carefully against the limbs you are about to trim. Ensure that the saw is in good working condition. Check out the lubrication fluid; this should be at least half way up the reservoir. Fill out the gas tank to ensure a smooth operation throughout the job.
Work only in daylight, when you are able to see the working area clearly. Avoid working on wet, rainy days. Even though most saws have additional safety measures built-in, you must still be aware of the occasional kickbacks, which might occur when the machine stalls. On top of this, watch out for the spring back from the branches once the cutting pressure is released.
Keep a safe distance from the power lines and avoid working on branches that are close to them. Feel free to call in the professionals if you feel that a job could endanger life. They will take care of the complicated tasks in a safer manner.
Gas pole saws are generally lightweight and powerful tools. However, you may feel fatigue soon after you use them. Ergonomic harnesses may come in handy in this kind of situation, because they take some of the pressure off your shoulders, arms and back. However, when you feel tired, we advise you to take a break.
Gas powered pole saws are an ideal addition to your equipment, because they make trimming and pruning your yard easier and safer. They remove the need for ladders or the like. They are also cordless, so you will be able to move freely and maneuver as you wish. The best devices come with the option of adding interchangeable attachments, that will transform them into effective leaf blowers, garden cultivators and more. Even though they are lightweight and easy-to-use, you must always plan your tasks carefully, clear out the working area, and use safety gear to protect yourself and others.