Last Updated on
As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t like a well-manicured, aesthetically-maintained and artistically-developed garden? Yet garden maintenance can be a difficult task, especially when it comes to keeping shrubs and trees in good shape.
You need to be a pruning expert to ensure that your garden has no unwanted branches ready to poke you in the eye. However, the mere thought of doing this job is enough to give you nightmares. Thankfully, there is an electric pruning pole saw to help you out. With efficient electric pole pruners, you can make your time in the garden more enjoyable.
An electric pole saw is a portable, mechanical device that has a set of cutting teeth attached to a rotating chain that’s used to cut trees and other garden material. It is used to perform a number of activities, including bucking, pruning, lambing, cutting, filling, and more.
There are a wide variety of such electric devices available in the market. These choices could become intimidating and you may end up buying an ineffective machine.
To ensure that you make the best buying decision, we are going to introduce you to some of the best electric pole saws available.
QUICK COMPARISON CHART OF THE 5 BEST ELECTRIC POLE SAWS
|7.9 pounds||6.5 amp||68.3 x 3.8 x 6.4 inches||5|
|Earthwise CVPS41008||9.4 pounds||6 amp||108.0 x 5.5 x 6.5 inches||4|
|Sun Joe SWJ802E |
Best Value for Money
|7.9 pounds||6.5 amp||112.7 x 3.6 x 5.5 inches||4.5|
|Worx WG309||10 pounds||8 amp||42.0 x 8.0 x 9.0 inches||4.5|
|Remington RM1025SPS||12.4 pounds||7.9 amp||39.75 x 8.44 x 9.25 inches||4|
Top Rated Electric Pole Saw Reviews in 2020
1. BLACK+DECKER PP610 Corded Pole Saw, 10-Inch
Available in a striking black and orange color, this electric pole saw is probably the most effective tool available when it comes to performing a variety of gardening functions.
Equipped with a 6.5 amp motor, this machine enables you to make precise cuts on thick and thin woods.
You can use this ergonomically-designed electric pole saw with great ease and no fatigue.
- Aesthetically-designed low-kickback bar and chain, enabling better-cut speed and a minimum level of vibration.
- The machine is befitted with an auto-oiling system, ensuring a sufficient level of lubrication.
- It weighs only 7.9lbs and, as such, is one of the most lightweight products available.
- The machine has an extended 9.5-inch pole, allowing for better reach.
- Product Dimensions: 68.3 inches x 3.8 inches x 6.4 inches
- Weight: 8 pounds
- Manufacturer: Black & Decker Outdoor
2. EARTHWISE Corded Electric 2-in-1 Convertible Chain/Pole Saw
One of the most recommended electric tree saw so far, the Earthwise CVPS41008 8-Inch 6-Amp Corded Electric 2-in-1 Convertible Chain Saw/Pole Saw is a product that represents the brilliant workmanship of the manufacturer.
This lightweight, easy-to-use device is a handy tool to use when it comes to keeping your garden in great shape.
It has an extending rod that increases your reach and makes cutting higher branches easy and effective. Equipped with the latest cutting technology, the machine is assured to boost your productivity in the garden with several folds.
- The Earthwise CVPS41008 comes with an easy to adjust pole that can be extended to 9 inches.
- It is made with sturdy 8’ Oregon bar and chain, making this tool sturdy and durable.
- The machine offers 5 different settings, enabling the user to cut in a range of -20 degrees to 60 degrees.
- The pole can be easily removed to use the apparatus as a hand-held chain saw machine.
- Product Dimensions: 108 inches x 5.5 inches x 7.1 inches
- Weight: 9.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: Earthwise
3. Sun Joe Electric Pole Chain Saw with Adjustable Head
The machine lets you cut overhanging branches and limbs.
With an extending pole of 9.4 ft, the machine has a far-extended reach. Coming from a reputed brand like Sun Joe, the machine has inherited the maker’s excellence.
It is lightweight and easy-to-use, thus reducing the stress of use.
- The Sun Joe comes with a 6.5 Amp motor.
- It can easily cut 7.5 inches thick limbs with perfection.
- Easy to start, the machine is equipped with one button – an “on & off” system.
- There is a built-in safety switch that restricts the machine from starting accidentally.
- Adjustable heads of the machine enable the user to cut at a range of angles from 0 degrees to 30 degrees.
- Product Dimensions: 3.6 inches x 5.5 inches x 112.7 inches
- Product weight: 7.9 pounds
- Manufacturer: Snow Joe
4. WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw, 10-Inch
Coming from the product vault of Worx, the WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw, 10-Inch is a phenomenal electric pole saw for your gardening needs. It has a sturdy design and helps you to cut the branches and limbs of garden trees with great precision.
It has an 8-foot long extension pole that increases your reach and cuts higher branches easily. With a versatile design and a powerful 8 amp motor backup, this electric pole pruning saw has become popular with domestic and commercial users.
- The machine is equipped with a patented auto-tensioning chain system that increases the life of the chain and the bar.
- It can be easily and quickly converted into a chainsaw.
- It is an automatic machine that has an oil pump with level indicator, making the tool easy to operate and maintain.
- The device is easy-to-use and durable because it has been befitted with a 10-inch compact powerhouse.
- Product Dimensions: 42 inches x 8 inches x 9 inches
- Weight: 10 pounds
- Manufacturer: Positec/Worx – Lawn & Garden
5. Remington RM1025SPS Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw Combo
If you are tired of using saws that leave you off balance, it is time to invest in the Remington RM1025SPS Ranger 10-Inch 8-Amp Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw Combo, one of the most recommended electric poles saws available.
It is a 2-in-1 detachable pole saw that helps you to reach the higher limbs and branches of trees. You can now cut branches that are 10-15 inches high with great expertise.
There is more: the tool has a swift conversion mechanism, meaning that it can be changed from an electric pole saw to a chain saw in no time.
- The yard tool comes with a powerful 8 amp motor and 10-inch long bar and chain.
- It has a quick conversion rate and you can use it as an electric pole saw or as a handheld chain saw.
- The machine is easy to start and its sharp teeth enables easy pruning and lopping.
- The user manual is easy to understand and helps solve any simple usage problems with great ease.
- Product Dimensions: 9.25 inches x 8.44 inches x 39.75 inches
- Weight: 12.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: MTD Southwest
What to look for when buying an Electric Pole Saw?
An electric pole saw is, so far, the most recommended tool to keep your garden trees in good shape. It allows the user to reach high branches with great comfort and has become a favorite of all.
Considering the high demand of the tool, many new and old manufacturers have started producing electric pole saws, increasing the number of options available to you. If you are thinking of buying such a device, it is possible that you will get overwhelmed by the selection.
To help you out, we offer some tips on what to look for when buying a good electric pole saw:
- Good power to weight ratio
An electric pole saw is used for cutting branches that are off reach. For this, the machine comes with an extension pole with the saw mounted on it.
If you do not have a good power machine, there is a chance that the tool will become out of control and affect the efficiency of work. You must look for a machine that has a balanced power to weight ratio.
- Battery or corded
There are two variants of electric pole saws: battery or corded. The choice depends on the size of your yard, as well as the number of plantations in your garden.
If you have a wide garden, you must buy a battery-operated machine, and, if your yard is smaller with thin plantation, you should buy a corded electric saw.
Another important factor to consider is the manufacturer of the machine. If you are buying an electric tree saw manufactured by a reputed brand, you will surely get the desired quality and workmanship.
A machine from a brand that has a good market presence, and strives to offer the latest technological advancements to customers, is highly recommended.
You must buy a machine that comes with a good manufacturer’s warranty. This is a critical aspect of buying: with a warranty, you can easily cover any damages or functional dysfunctions that might occur within the warranty period.
Your affordability is another crucial aspect when it comes to buying a product. There are thousands of electric tree saw variants available in the market, spanning a varied price range. You must consider your budget and spend within it.
With the advent of technology, electric pole saws now come with a myriad of attractive features. You can buy a machine that can be converted into a chain saw or one that comes with an auto-oiling system. You must analyze your needs and accordingly check the machine for its features.
Some other common features include an easy extending pole, an instant start, safety clamps, auto lock, rotational head, and more. These are some points that you must keep in mind when choosing a great device for your garden.
An electric pole saw is an incredible tool to use when it comes to maintaining your yard. Buy a good variant to cut short your gardening worries. The latest models of these electric devices have, for example, made gardening easy and stress-free.
You no longer have to spend long, tiring hours in your backyard as you struggle to cut the higher limbs and branches of trees. The electric pole saw boosts your reach, helping you to cut the highest branches with expertise.
So, bid goodbye to aching shoulders and paining palms and welcome an efficient machine to your gardening tools inventory. Gardening has never been so easy, all thanks to this great tool.