The ever-growing world of innovation and technology brings you the cordless pole saws to help you build the garden of your dreams. Is the utterly chaotic look of unwanted, outgrown shrubs and bushes sapping your spirits down? Imagine the precious garden you cultivated with sweat and hardwork being overshadowed by untidy branches. Oh no.
The revolutionary world of science and technology has done it again by conceptualizing the idea of going wireless in every possible way from phones to television to now heavy duty tools. Cordless and hassle-free tools are now dominating the field of lawn and garden maintenance equipment, bypassing the traditional wired ones.
The following roundup of the best cordless pole saws available on the most reputed online shopping sites will help you to find the right tool for your needs.
This is almost a mini in-detail handbook of the best cordless pole saws available on the most trusted shopping/ecommerce sites. This one page is loaded with all the information you’ll need to find that perfect cordless pole saw for your requirements.
Why waste time? Let’s jump into it right away…
5 Top Rated Cordless Pole Saw Reviews
1. OREGON PS250E6 Cordless Pole Saw
Whether you’re a professional or a simple homemaker, the Oregon PS250E6 Cordless Saw gives you the ease and comfort of getting your job done with minimum efforts and maximum style. The features and specifications of this amazing product have been listed in brief for a quick bird’s eyes view.
As a subsidiary of Blount International Inc, Oregon has long established itself as the pioneer of outdoor and indoor tools and equipment. Oregon takes pride in presenting its customers the most durable, user-friendly equipment to nurture the garden of their dreams.
This global manufacturer has marked its territorial designation, ranging from forestry parts & accessories to outdoor power equipment tools that include protective equipment & apparels, lawn & landscaping products, and tools replacement parts.
Product Specifications and Features
- Extendable fiber glass shaft – the flexible cordless saw works normally at a length of 7’3” but can be extended up to 10’4” for those hard to reach branches and twigs. The extension is quite effective and helpful for individuals below 5’10”.
- The 4 Ah battery and 40 V Max lithium ion power packed motor provides up to 325 cuts of about 2”- 3” diameter.
- Mid Mount motor – reduces the cutting head’s size. The lesser weight at the end of the pole reduces fatigue and reflects the amazing ergonomic design.
- Custom designed planetary gear reduction – enables proficient power transfer for versatile trimming and cutting purposes.
- Compact cutting head – 8” bar & aluminum coated removal hook allows further flexibility and a better view for controlled cutting.
2. BLACK & DECKER 20V MAX Pole Saw, 8-Inch, Tool Only (LPP120B)
With the Black & Decker 20V Max 8” pole saw LPP120B, you are getting a semblance of quality at a very economical price tag. The compact, portable 3-piece design allows you to take it anywhere there’s work, without second thoughts.
The B & D batteries are easily interchangeable – which means if you already have a B&D battery stock, you can save some extra bucks by ordering just the tool! Take a chance and go for this highly rated product before it stocks out! It sure will be a worthy one.
Black & Decker is undeniably one of those famous renowned brands you’ll hear when it comes to lawn care and maintenance tools. They always render an honest approach regarding their products and provide great customer support.
You can invariably trust their quality, no doubt. Having sustained in this industry for over a century, their tools and equipment do live up to their expertise and experience!
- Boasts the capacity to cut 100 1.5 in. diameter branches in just 1 full charge.
- An in-line power head to give you ease while maneuvering and great clarity between branches.
- 8” cutting bar and chain – no sweat cuts of up to 6” in diameter.
- Extends up to 6ft or 10ft (depending upon the extension parts), with an overhead reach of 14ft.
- 20V Max Lithium Ion Power Connect Battery system allows batteries to be interchanged with the other B & D lawn tools as necessary.
- Lightweight design – only 6.3lbs.
- RPM of 375 – high blade speed.
- Easy detachment of the pole saw into 3 parts for compact storage and portability.
- 2 years warranty.
3. Earthwise LPHT12022 Volt 20-Inch Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
The Earthwise 20V cordless pole hedge trimmer LPHT12022 is built to give you maximum cutting precision and high reach. You’ll never have to take out your ladder form the garage for risky cutting tasks anymore.
This one tool is all you’ll ever need to get those clean, sharp cuts in the hard-to-reach branches and tight areas.
So…high up branches will never be a problem again with this darling! With over 120 years of pure expertise, Earthwise’s products do hold an unbreakable reputation for their class and finesse.
Earthwise and its family of brands boast to have survived through every industrial revolution in America and credits that to Earthwise being so “wise”! Cool, isn’t it?
Earthwise’s ulterior motive is to keep your lawns nice and pristine throughout the year. Nothing will go wrong with this one for sure!
- 20 inch hardened steel dual tine blade (i.e. Double-side blade).
- Ability to cut branches up to 5/8” thick with ease.
- 6 adjustable locking positions with a trimming head that rotates 180 degrees.
- Telescopic extension pole enables you to reach tall, hard-to-reach branches with great comfort and accuracy – up to 9ft 5 in.
- 2600 cut strokes per minute with the superior aluminum blade support.
- 20V 2.0Ah lithium ion battery-powered trimmer with a highly efficient motor that gives you gas-like cutting intensity, all while being fully maintenance-free.
- “Planet-conscious” product – does not emit nay harmful gases, fumes or even noise pollution to the environment. (i.e. very quiet working mode).
- Compact and lightweight design of just 7.25 lbs – easy to carry around.
- 2 years warranty.
4. Worx WG323 20V Power Share Cordless 10-inch Pole Saw
The Worx WG323 20V Power Share cordless pole saw is an investment you’ll never look back at. With its endless premium features like auto-oiling, auto-tension systems, chain brake, 12ft reach etc., this one product has it all.
The versatility of this Worx saw will replace both your existing pole saw and chainsaw!
Worx is primarily known for its standardized ray of lawn care tools like trimmers, chainsaws and yesss…their powerful batteries. Though the Worx brand name was formed only in 2004, their creations date back to 1994.
Product Features and Specifications
- The side mount automatic, tool-free chain tension feature ensures that the chain’s performance is always at its max and prevents over-tightening.
- The 20V PowerShare chain is guaranteed to give you the flawless cuts you desire with its 12.5ft/s chain speed.
- The on / off switch is just at the bottom handle – no more risky raising and lowering of the pole. (Save time and battery life too!)
- 2-in-1 tool – can be used as a pole saw and a chainsaw as needed.
- Auto lubrication system to keep your investment sturdy and productive for a long period of time.
- Compatible with any Worx 20V 2.0Ah or 4.0Ah Power Share battery.
- 12ft pole extension to reach the highest branches in no time.
- 2 years warranty.
5. GREENWORKS 20-Inch 40V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
Taking its legacy a step ahead, the renowned brand Greenworks has come up with yet another marvelous creation that is Greenworks – 22342 G-MAX Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer which gives you the ease and comfort of trimming and brimming like never before. Read on further to dive into the brand’s glory and details of this product.
Marketed under the consumer brand portfolio of Greenworks products, the Sunrise Global Marketing, LLC has deepened its roots in the market of outdoor/indoor decorative and maintenance equipment and tools. The firm earned its high reputation by delivering high-quality durable products that are built to perform.
This China-based electronics manufacturing company has now spread its wings on an international level and has set up its headquarters in the US, Europe, Russia and Canada.
Product Features and Specifications
- Power packed battery: This G-MAX 40V lithium ion battery gives you an instant wreck-free start.
- 20” dual action steel cutting blade for an intense cutting speed and performance.
- 5/8” cutting capacity for hand controlled easy trimming.
- 3 adjustable pivoting head positions for cutting at different angles as desired.
- The compact cutting head design ensures efficient and equally well-distributed power throughout the tool.
- 4-year warranty with an additional protection pack at a low rate.
- Trimmer is adjustable to L-shape for trimming ground level weeds.
Why Should I Use a Cordless Pole Saw?
When it comes to pruning or trimming those stubborn, endless branches & bushes, going cordless is the best option that you can avail. Being head to head with the latest technological tools and automatons is something that we all fancy. Then why stay as Neanderthals when it comes to using hi-fi tools to reshape your garden?
Bid adieu to those heavy, wired chainsaws which make you dread just the thought of having to trim your trees. Say goodbye to pulling out your ladder and wires to risk it all just for a few neat cuts and say no to those harmful fuel emissions from your previous chainsaw cutters.
Here are a few of the countless goodness you’ll be getting, using cordless pole saws:
- Energy efficient – going cordless saves you lots of energy and time by allowing you to easily access those direful areas with the click of a switch. Extends both the tool’s battery.. and yours!
- Going Green Adaptation – by saying no to corded fuel operated chainsaw trimmers, you are actually being proactive and considerate to the environment. How?
Well, you are now restraining yourself from draining the earth’s precious fuel resources and preventing excess noise pollution (as cordless battery operated pole saws are the quietest…shhh)
So well done! You are unknowingly doing your part in reviving Mother Nature to its glory.
- User-friendly attribute – The comparatively small size and lightweight design of cordless pole saw cutters makes them an on-the-go tool.
There are no wires tethered to them, making them highly portable. (No strings attached! Pun intended.) This feature has quickly become an eye grabber amongst the elderly and people who travel a lot.
- Versatile and easily adjustable – the flexible pivoting attributes available in most cordless saws provide you a much better clarity and control in those strenuous stretches.
With additional features like telescoping shaft and detachable sections in some models, there’s no question that a cordless pole saw is the ultimate all rounder.
And oh, did I mention that you can change the heights and angles in just a few seconds without the chaotic intertwining of wires?
- Low key maintenance – the only work you’ll have to do manually with cordless pole saws is #1 switch it on and off and #2 sharpen the chains occasionally.
The automated oiling system present in most cordless pole saws make them a ready-to-go option with little to no maintenance required.
What to Look for in a Cordless Pole Saw
For the pros and experienced ones who know their way around these little monsters as well as the neophytes of this field, the following cataloged points will always come in handy when going for a cordless pole pruner purchase:
- Battery pack
Cordless pole saws usually come with a rechargeable battery that typically lasts for about 30 mins to an hour. For a higher efficiency, performance and endurance always go for a Lithium-ion battery instead of the Nickel-Cadmium ones.
If you’d like more power, a 40V battery is better. Though, make sure that the specific model is compatible with it. And of course, more power means more money. Keep your budget in mind too.
- Lightweight material
Cordless power saws are mainly designed for light scale pollarding and nip offs.
Ideally, you should look for lightweight pole saws that can be handled easily and have precise cutting heads for minute control.
- Extendable shafts
Pole saws are simply put lightweight chainsaws with long sticks attached to reach high up branches, apart from the ground level shearing and clearing function.
Being designed and named mainly for the high reach they give, extendable sections and the pole’s length should obviously be a primary decisive factor.
Pole saws are meant for pruning tall tree branches and thus, they usually come with multiple extension shafts. These can range anywhere from 9ft to even 12ft depending upon the brand and model.
- Cord lock features
While the idea of having an adjustable and extendable shaft might spark a glow in your eyes, to keep it safe and secure is another factor that you’ll need to keep in mind.
Most of the pole saw cutters come with cord lock features which will allow you to keep the shafts at a desired angle and length without compromising the chain tension system.
- Cutting material
The power and quality of cuts is another prime feature to look for in pole saws.
For this, the makers do vary the cutting materials accordingly. That is, some pole saws are designed and built with carbon or high tempered steel for sturdy, durable performance.
Pick yours wisely depending upon your needs.
- Flexible pivoting head
Pole saw cutters are designed with adjustable head shafts since most of the work is done in the air. They can operate at a wide range of angles by pivoting at maneuvered settings.
Take note of the rotating capacity of the heads especially if your branches are too stubborn.
- Items included in the package
Typically pole saw packages include the battery, charger, user manual, setup tools and additional premium features like shoulder strap etc.
Certain brands prefer to sell their battery and charger separately. So, it’s highly recommended to reconfirm the included materials in the package from the buyer or online dealer. Some people prefer to buy the “tool only”, “without battery” offers in order to save a few bucks.
But, I think that it’s better to get an extra battery in stock at the combined price. This might help you someday as several brands have tools that work with interchangeable batteries.
Keep the repair and replacement warranties and conditions in mind so that you’ll never have to waste your hard earned money.
Wrapping it Up
In this era of cutting edge technology, you are bound to be in pace with the latest tools and their upcoming versions. The introduction of cordless pole saws has really conceptualized the idea of “work smarter, not harder”.
The growing shades of greys are overtaking the world at an alarming rate, thanks to the non-stop pollution and unhealthy dispensing modes. The idea of nipping off these grayscales and converting them to the sprouting green buds is the motive as well as the emergency need of the hour.
We have 2 choices; either get ready for the gruesome battle with nature or be conscious of our carbon footprints and take the necessary precautionary measures for a better, healthier planet.
No matter how big or small your contribution towards reversing climate change is, it always has a positive reaction.
Every single step you take forward, towards a greener environment is also one step backwards from our next generation experiencing Mother Nature’s rage. A cordless pole saw is justly the right choice that will contribute towards that while minimizing labor and energy consumption.
With every product having its fair share of pros and cons, it is advised to do an in-depth research before inculcating it in your daily life. And I hope that this page has done it well on your behalf.
Thank you for reading all the way till here!