As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
No matter whether you’re a residential owner or a professional landscape contractor, anyone would love to have their lawn fully manicured, clean and green– a sight for sore eyes.
Lawn mowing can either be a dreadful chore or an exciting live video game, depending on the type of tools and machines you use during the process.
Well, if you’re with the second option, then look no further as I guide you through the Top 5 Commercial Zero Turn Mowers in this review with buying guide!
Zero turn mowers are the perfect choice for pastures with multiples obstacles. I’m pretty sure that by now you would have researched a little about zero turn mowers before coming to this page.
Yet, for the ones who are still unclear, let me just take you through a quick glance! So what’s the hype about zero turn mowers?
A Tiny Peek Into Zero Turn Mowers
Zero turn mowers are pretty similar to traditional riding mowers. The key difference that makes this so convenient is that the turning radius is almost zero – meaning they are swift, stylish and comfy!
Not just that…instead of a steering wheel, you are ought to control it using the 2 levers on either side of the seat. Sounds similar to the video games you play right?
Before we start, make sure to take notes of what your mowing needs are and how compatible these mowers are to them, in terms of speed, engine power, size, nature of ground, local dealer availability, cleaning and maintenance requirements.
Let’s get right into it.
5 Best Commercial Zero Turn Mower Reviews
So, here is where we’re going to elaborate. Go through each type in detail and ensure that you have done a decent level of research before purchasing a mower.
1. Husqvarna MZ61 27 HP Zero Turn Mower, 61-Inch
If you’re looking for a comfortable, commercial zero turn mower with excellent engine support and superior level of productivity, then this mower is definitely the smartest choice.
With the excellent features and specifications, this mower promises you the maximum comfort, support and faultless safety.
Rides can be slightly rough on bumpy roads, but still, this mower will reduce your mowing time by half. This is a highly desirable attribute in terms of commercial mowing needs as time equals to money!As a matter of fact, the riding experience is much smoother when compared to traditional mowers, thanks to its 27 horse power engine and durable 6-inch wide caster wheels with tough pneumatic tires.
Specifications and Features
- This mower comes with a 3-blade cutting system that narrows the mowing time to just a few minutes under the sun.
- The cutting deck is designed and fabricated at 61 inches, providing you complete support and ease.
Supported by Briggs & Stratton 27 Hp, endurance V-twin engine, it ensures you an optimal mowing experience.
- The hydrostatic gear transmission feature provides you the perfect combo of responsiveness and convenience.
- The ergonomically designed cutting deck lift is assisted by the pedals for you (the user) to make quick adjustments from your seating. This accelerates the grass cutting duration by a notable amount.
2. Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series
The Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower is a great option for first time zero turn riders as it is unbelievably easy to operate and control even for a beginner.
You might have seen this mower being used for commercial purposes on the internet. Fair enough, it does live up to the hype with its premium designed features, built to provide comfort and swiftness.
The 23 Hp, Kawasaki FR V-Twin Engine gives you the ultimate power to mow your lawn perfectly for a highly professional manicured look.
The standard bagging system, great suction capability and heavy duty tubular construction is for sure a combo to never miss! With proper maintenance, this mower will last an eternity for sure.
Specifications and Features
- Powered by Kawasaki FR V-Twin Engine with 23 horse power, this commercial grade mower will enable you to mow acres and acres of grass at one go.
- The hydrostatic drive system is designed by ‘Dual Hydro Gear’ ZT-2200 (EZT) which is ideal for smooth and effortless operation with non-shifting transmissions.
- Offers you an excellent grass cutting experience with 13 different height positions. (Maximum height is 4.5 inches)
- The high back comfort plush seat with quality, padded armrests and cup holder will make you feel as if you’re working from your armchair.
- The 52 inch, 11-gauge heavy duty welded mower deck along with fabricated triple blades, is built stout and sturdy to reduce your traditional mowing time by half.
3. Husqvarna 967334101 MZ54S 25V Commercial Zero Turn Mower, 54″/Twin
The Husqvarna 967334101 MZ54S is an excellent choice when it comes to high level of productivity and comfort. It comes with a heavy-duty frame of steep and a hydraulic system which assures you the best mowing experience.
The collective features are excellently designed in this model – for example the air induction deck of steel for a good mulching performance. Property maintenance is a major must which shouldn’t be neglected with this mower in order to maintain the quality at all levels.
With 25 Hp and 724cc, the engine is a highly reliable one, giving you a powerful ride and fresh cuts. It offers a smooth and clean performance with its cyclonic air filtration system.
Specifications and Features
- Extended lifespan with Briggs & Stratton Endurance® V-twin engine 25 Hp, and 724 cc.
Cutting Width of 54 inches.
- Pedal-assisted cutting deck lift for quick alterations, while seated.
- Durability and strength are the master features in this model.
- It works on the technology of air induction mowing – draws in air from the top and bottom of the deck. This helps improve the lift of the glass for finer cuttings.
- It includes an oversized chassis.
- 6 inches wide caster wheels.
- Manual foot operated deck lift system.
3-in-1 (Side-Discharge/Bag/Mulch) cutting option with 12 deck positions.
4. Troy-Bilt XP 25HP 60-Inch FAB Deck Zero Turn Mower
This mower includes a package of features that will enable you to effortlessly mow your lawn faster. It offers a comfortable ride and performs the mowing process swifter than you might expect.
It’s the perfect replacement for an old traditional mower because one can now enjoy the ‘power take-off’ technology for quick and easy blade engagement. This performs any task in almost no time.
The Troy-Bilt XP 25 HP 60-inch FAB deck Zero Turn Mower is the perfect solution for someone who doesn’t want to spend hours and hours mowing. Trust me, this does the job real quick!
Specifications and Features
- This commercial zero turn mower is powered by the commercial-grade engine of Briggs & Stratton with 25 Hp and top forward speed of 7mph.
- The mower comes with a 3-year limited warranty from the date of purchase.
- With 60 inches of fabricated deck, it provides a comfy and durable, long lasting experience.
- Committing to the title of electric ‘Power take off’ technology, the blades have easy engagement and give you the sharpest cuts.
- The mower’s productivity level is almost unbeatable. It also gives high maneuverability compared to similar competitors.
5. Husqvarna Z254 54 In. 26 HP Kohler Hydrostatic Zero Turn Riding Mower
With the Husqvarna Z254 54 inch mower, lawn maintenance will be a fun ride rather than a tiring chore. Mowing your turf with this incredible machine will be a piece of cake with the 6.5 mph speed that can mow 2.8 acres in just an hour’s time.
This heavy duty mower has all the expected facilities necessary for ultimate ease of maneuvering – from the powerful Kolher 26 Hp V-twin Engine, Dual Hydro EZT transmission feature to the Air Induction technology.
This great mower holds tremendous value for your investment and the only regret you’ll have is that you didn’t buy this sooner.
The powder-coated reinforced steel stamped cutting deck with 11 gauge thickness and 6 different lever positions give you the desired amount of control and comfort over your mower. The deck positioning also allows a swift turn on a dime.
Specifications and Features
- The Kolher 7000 series engine provides 26 horse power and 747cc, all while operating with minimal noise, unbeatable power and maximum durability.
- 6 cutting height positions ranging from 1.5 to 4.5 inches, along with electric blades engagement for higher safety. (Triple blade cutting system)
- To reassure your peace of mind, it comes with an automatic park brake system that engages when the levers are moved outwards and vice versa.
- Superior ‘Air Induction’ mowing technology – draws air from the top and bottom of the deck to give you the finest cuts.
- The steel cutting deck is reinforced with heavy flat-stock steel for extra strength on the trim side and edges.
- Includes headlights to enable you to mow freely in the cool night atmosphere without the fear of running over anything.
- Maintenance free-transmission – one less thing to worry about!
What are Zero Turn Mowers and Why Are They Special?
Zero turn mowers will mow perfect lines in your lawn, giving it a dream look. Be it for commercial or residential purposes, zero turn mowers are the absolute choices when it comes to replacing traditional lawn tractors or push mowers that are slow and arduous to use.
Zero turn mowers are advanced pieces of machinery that will clear your lawn in the fastest way possible. So, basically, you can clean your entire lawn in half the time traditional mowers take. Speaking of push mowers, the effort it takes to get those perfect mow lines is so immense, isn’t it?
Ask yourself…is it actually worth the time and effort you put in? Let’s understand what makes zero turn mowers so special and different from traditional mowers:
- They offer a high-level of efficiency and productivity, compared to traditional ones, especially when it comes to mowing lines.
- They offer high maneuverability, making them a popular choice for residential purposes.
- They save a ton of time and effort in comparison with traditional or push mowers.
- They offer more than one speed transmission feature, enabling you to mow the lawn at different speeds.
- The bagging systems of zero turn mowers are excellent compared to any other type of mower.
- The ride on zero turn mowers are much more comfortable and steady.
- The time consumed in the overall process of mowing and then collecting the leftovers from the baggage is comparatively low.
- The service components, in terms of zero turn mowers, are easily accessible locally. This is what makes them a more convenient choice for buyers.
- They offer great value for commercial and residential purposes.
- Operational fatigue is reduced quite a bit in zero turn mowers.
Commercial Zero Turn Mower Safety Tips
Zero turn mowers are known to deliver the job quickly. But, like any other mowers, it is crucial for the owners to operate them carefully with the necessary precautions to avoid accidents.
Following these safety tips will guide you to operate the mowers the right way:
- You must keep the ROPS in a fully raised position in order to protect yourself. Please note that ROPS cannot be used for protection if the position is folded or only partially raised.
- Please do not to remove or bypass any of the safety devices provided, such as the ROPS, deflector shield and interlocks. When you are just about to operate the mower, ensure that all equipment is in functional condition and are being utilized fully.
- You must train to keep the speed of the mower under control. Since these are zero turn mowers, they react on the turn at a dime. So, do not put too much pressure on the control levers. Kindly practice yourself to operate the levers smoothly.
- If you’re planning on mowing hills, ensure that you do not mow slopes that are over 15 degrees as most zero turn mowers are not compatible with such angles.
- The movements of the mower must be steady and deliberate. Do not take speed suddenly or change directions in a rushed manner. Maintain constant stability as much as possible.
- Last but not least: do not forget to tighten your seat belt while you are operating the mower!
Wrapping it Up
By now you would have at least a couple of choices on your mind already. If you can picture yourself mowing your pastures with the right choice of mower, go ahead and make a great investment. Make sure you choose one that suits your needs, budget, and most importantly your gate’s width!
You don’t want to buy a 60 inch mower when your gate’s width is just 32 inch. Save the post-chaos by doing your proper research right now. When you’ve purchased your ideal mower and used it, then, the only reason you should be upset is because your grass doesn’t grow faster!
So, depending on your needs, these 5 best rated commercial zero turn mowers can add convenience and never ending enjoyment to mowing.
In conclusion…mow smarter and faster but not harder! Have fun with your new big driving toy!