Chainsaws are handy tools at your home, but you can choose between an electric and a gas chainsaw. Both types have different benefits and drawbacks. You can choose any type as per your need. Chainsaw is always useful for maintenance, emergency situation, and building work.
While purchasing the best cheap chainsaw, you should consider the combination of portability and power. A gas chainsaw is good for woodland and pruning tidying. You will need a chainsaw to get rid of annoying, overgrown plants and stubborn suburbs. There are lots of things that are difficult to handle without a chainsaw.
If you want to buy a good cheap chainsaw under 300$, you can consider the following models:
Top 5 Best Chainsaw For The Money Comparison Chart
- WORX WG303.1
- Powerful 14.5 Amp motor delivers consistent performance
- Auto oil lubrication and built-in oil reservoir with level indicator
- built-in chain brake and low kickback bar
- BLACK+DECKER LCS1020B
- 10 inches premium Oregon low kickback bar and chain
- Tool-Free blade tension system for quick adjustments
- 20V MAX Lithium Ion Chainsaw Bare Tool
- Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
- Premium Power of DigiPro brushless motor technology cuts up to 100 cuts
- Brushless motor design offers up to 70% less vibration
- Chain brake and low kickback chain for increased user safety
- TIMBERPRO 62cc 20" Petrol Chainsaw
- Powerful 62cc Air Cooled 2 Stroke Engine
- 20" Bar and Chain, 2 Chains and Storage/Carry Bag
- Tool Kit in Storage Case
- Husqvarna 240 2 HP Chainsaw, 952802154
- 16-inch bar, 3/8-inch pitch, 050-inch gauge
- Maximum power speed: 9000 rpm, Idling speed: 3000 rpm
- Side-mounted chain-tensioner, Combined choke/stop control
5 Best Cheap Chainsaw Under 300$ Reviews 2018
WORX WG303.1 16-Inch 14.5 Amp Electric Chainsaw
The WORX electric chainsaw is a dependable, durable and light way. It is easy to move and strong enough to trim trees, cut firewood, and maintain the look of your yard. With an automatic tensioning system, you can avoid over-tightening of the chain.
You can quickly start working with this chainsaw because of its built-in, automatic oiler available for consistent lubrication of chain and bar. The tension of the chain is maintained by a patented auto-tension system.
- Dependable 14.5 Amp motor proficiently delivers power equal to a chainsaw powered by gas
- A built-in oiler is a good addition to keep bar and chain lubricated and keep it ready to use
- Auto-tension patented system secures the chain and bar by maintaining appropriate tension while working
- It weighs only 11 lbs. that is enough to manage while doing a tough job
- Ergonomic front handle and rear rubber handle allow you to work comfortably in full control
- 20V battery along with charger included
- Voltage: 120V to 60 Hz
- Amps: 14.5A
- Bar Length: 16”
- Chain Speed: 12m/s
- Chain pitch: 3/8”
- Capacity of oil tank: 200ml
- Weight: 11lbs
- Solid construction and durable design
- Low price
- Built-in oiling system
- Built-in chain system
- Amazing safety features and quite operations
- Excellent for beginners
- Good to maintain the regular tasks of yard
- Cord of the chainsaw makes things really challenging
- Oversized adjuster knob of the chain may become loose by rolling against the wood.
BLACK+DECKER LCS1020B 20V Lithium Ion Chainsaw
The 20-volt Black and Decker chainsaw has a great reputation for its unique features. It is excellent for light- to medium-duty tasks for the garden, such as dry wood, green logs, and live branches.
LCS1020B is a durable chainsaw designed on the basis of safety rules. Make sure to work with safety goggles to avoid flying debris in your eyes. Mask and appropriate clothes will keep dust away from you during trimming and cutting jobs. A traditional primer proves helpful with its self-oiling mechanism to keep bar and chain lubricated.
- Wraparound design of handle offers a solid grip over chainsaw
- The low kickback bar and the chain is 10” and it is ideal for numerous varieties of trimming and cutting tasks.
- Make quick adjustments for a tool-free tensioning blade system.
- It is good to cut dry wood, live branches and green logs.
- Lithium battery can manage 20 volts of power output for its engine and keep machine charged five times better than its competitor’s model.
- Run time and lifespan are better than other models.
- Weight: 7.59 pounds
- Dimensions: 16.7 x 9.6 x 8.8 inches
- Bar Length: 6”
- Voltage: 20 volts
- Power Source: Battery-powered
- Perform widest cuts with 10-inch capacity by including a variety of chores, tasks and projects
- Adjustments are easy with integrated tensioning system
- Chain and bar use first-rate lubrication to increase the life of chainsaw
- 4 to 5 inches diameter of handle make it inappropriate for heavy-duty cutting
- The 40-volt battery is unacceptable for the chainsaw
Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
GreenWorks claims to offer 40V 4.0 AH G-MAX battery to offer enough power to cut woods with a single charge. GreenWorks comes with amazing battery and charger to increase your convenience. It can make wood cutting easy and quick as compared to other models.
The absence of brushes increases the life of this chainsaw. You can use this tool for its whole life without virtual maintenance. This chainsaw uses a chain and 16-inch bar made of Steel Oregon. You can get the advantage of its numerous safety features, such as handguard, trigger, chain brake, etc.
- DigPro brushless premium power motor technology can cut up almost 100 cuts with a single charge. Charger and battery sold separately.
- The chainsaw is compatible with Greenworks 40V G-Max Li-Ion system offer a range of tools
- Special brushless motor offer 30% additional torque to improve its cutting performance
- Low kickback chain and chain brake are included to increase the safety of users
- Model: 20322
- Battery: 4.0 Ah G-MAX 40V
- Charging time: 120 minutes for 4.0 Ah
- Bar: Steel Oregon 16-inch
- Compatible Batteries: 40V G-Max 29471 4.0Ah
- Warranty:90 days commercial and 4 years consumer
- Motor: Brushless
- Less vibration and more torque for maximum stability while creating detailed pieces
- Electric motor requires less maintenance
- Brushless motor is efficient than others
- Battery-powered cordless chainsaw allows you to move around without any trouble
- Low chain break and kickback chain makes it safe for every user
- Battery is not included
- It is not good for intensive woodcutting work
TIMBERPRO 62cc 20″ Petrol Chainsaw with 2 chains
TIMBERPRO 20” chainsaw is great for domestic and professional use. It comes with a warranty of 2 years for domestic use and includes a toolkit, user manual, and 2 chains. TimberPro chainsaw can chop almost 18-inch thick logs with a single pass.
Unlike other chainsaws, the Chainsaw TimberPro has a unique procedure to startup in a single pass. And unlike other gas-powered chainsaws, this chainsaw is easy to use. It comes with a 20” bar and 2 chains. The bar features a sprocket and allows easy movement of chains without losing its power. If you want to cut gritty wood under dirty conditions, you should invest in this chainsaw.
- Comes with a powerful Air Cooled 62cc two-stroke engine
- It has a 20”chain and bar, two extra chains and carry bag for your convenience
- With alloy starting mechanics, it is easy to start
- Toolkit comes in its storage case
- A detailed user manual is available for your guidance
- Comes with a warranty of two years for domestic use
- The chainsaw comes with two chains, fuel mixing bottle, blade guard, and storage case
- Engine: 62cc Powerful Air Cooled 2 Stroke
- Blade Length: 20 inches
- Chain Lubrication: Automatic
- Chain Tensioner: Side Mounted
- Starting Mechanism: Alloy starting
- Mixture of Fuel: 25/1
- Capacity of Fuel Tank: 550ml
- Capacity of Chain Oil: 260ml
- Perform really well for its weight
- Easy to start with only 1 to 2 pulls
- Real warranty for 2 years by its manufacturer
- There is no need to worry about gas and oil leakage
- Expensive than other chainsaws of this type
- Heavy than electric chainsaws
- Plastic cover is not durable enough
Husqvarna 240 2 HP Chainsaw, 952802154
In terms of power and size, the Husqvarna chainsaw can be a great choice. It is suitable for occasional pruning and trimming. You can use it to cut light firewood and small trees. With its lightweight, you can easily tackle small jobs around your property without any fatigue.
The chainsaw 240 Husqvarna comes with a special 16” chain and bar. You will get the flexibility to change its guide bar as per your convenience between 13” and 16”. In terms of performance, the chainsaw offers maximum speed more than 16 meters in a second. This unit comes with a special throttle lock-out knob/switch to avoid accidental start-up along the top of the back handle.
- Chainsaw 240 consists of numerous safety features to stop the chain in case of kickback
- The chainsaw is equipped with manually activated chain brake
- Chainsaw comes with automatic oiling mechanism to keep chain lubricated
- Husqvarna comes with an X-Torq 38.2cc engine to decrease harmful emission and improve fuel consumption
- The saw requires a mix ratio of oil and gas, such as 33:1 or 50:1 based on the type of oil used in the chainsaw
- Well-designed 240 saw is constructed of hard molded plastic and metal
- Weight: 10.3ks without its cutting equipment
- Cutting equipment weight: 1.5 to 2 lbs
- Power Source: Gas-powered
- Bar Length: 20”
- Easy to maneuver and handle
- Low vibration
- Competitive pricing
- Excellent cutting performance for light duty tasks
- Use mixture of gas and oil
- Difficult to start as compare to other chainsaws
- Not good for heavy or medium duty tasks
Chainsaw Buying Guide
It can be difficult to buy the best budget chainsaw under 200$ because numerous models are available in the market. For your convenience, here are some tips to choose the best possible model for the chainsaw.
- Before you purchase a chainsaw, it is essential to consider the work that you want to do with the chainsaw. The type and size of wood that you want to cut along with your experience of using a chainsaw.
- You can judge the size of saw through its bar length and its capacity to handle different tasks. A chainsaw with long bar can cut wood in larger diameter in a single phase. Bar lengths may vary between 6 inches to 20 inches or even larger in domestic chainsaws. Professional grade chainsaws come with bar length more than 20”.
- Voltage, engine displacement, horsepower, and amperage are related to capability and power. The higher number indicates the maximum power of a chainsaw. Power is an important element to consider while working with hardwood timber like maple or oak and large trees.
- A bigger engine or motor and longer bar mean heavy chainsaw. These factors can increase the weight of the chainsaw. If you want to use a chainsaw for an extended period, you have to consider is weight.
- Longer chainsaws often create more variable and require more efforts. These types of chainsaws often increase your safety concerns. A less powerful and small chainsaw is easy to manage than a larger one. Beginners should consider small and less powerful chainsaws to avoid an accident.
Features of a Good Chainsaw
While power and size will help you to determine the quality of chainsaw for your work. If you are thinking about efficiency, safety, and comfort, you have to consider the following features in your chainsaw.
- Anti-vibration features are necessary to decrease fatigue and make a chainsaw comfortable. These features are helpful for those people who want to do lots of cutting.
- Spring-assist beginning considerably decreases the dragging force that is required to initiate a chainsaw powered by gasoline.
- Rusting is the biggest enemy of your chainsaw; therefore, you can consider a chainsaw with automatic oiler to keep its chain lubricated. This type of system works automatically. You will need an appropriate chain lubrication for efficient and safe cutting.
- Another important feature is chain brake to immediately stop the chain of the saw as your saw encounters any abrupt impact or movement. Some equipped models require you to manually activate its chain brake.
- Low-kickback chains and bars prove helpful to decrease the risk of the unexpected force of the chainsaw. This feature is included in numerous chainsaws to save their users from an accident.
- Minimum adjustment of the chain makes it easy for you to change a cutting chain tension rapidly.
- With the air-cleaning feature, you can save yourself from debris. To increase the life of air filter, remove all large pieces of debris before they can access the filter.
- Last, but not the least is a carrying case. Chainsaws often come with a carrying case to protect the components and the main unit. With a case, it will become easy for you to easy and safely transport your saw.
A chainsaw is a necessary equipment to keep your garden and yard in good conditions. It may be difficult to choose a chainsaw, but the chainsaw buying guide can make your work easy. You can choose between an electric chainsaw and a gas-powered model as per your job. If you are using a chainsaw for the first time, make sure to choose a lightweight and easy to handle model.
You can consider our top 5 chainsaws to get the best cheap chainsaw as per your need. Gasoline chainsaw models are more mobile than others. If you want to handle lots of small cutting chores, you may consider a gasoline model. A cordless chainsaw can be a good option to avoid mobility restrictions.
Continue Reading to: