Lawn maintenance will no more be a tiresome job with the right type of lawn mower. Powered by strong engines and easy navigation buttons, the best lawn mowers are equipped with not only spacious decks but also come in compact sizes. For having different height blades that can be customized, the modern-age lawn mowers are able to mow the areas finely. It was in the year 1830 that Edwin Budding invented the first lawn mower in England. Primarily, Budding designed this mower with the intention to cut the grass on gardens and sports grounds as an alternative to the scythe. Today, land mowers are still in demand among homeowners and landscapers. If you are one of them, bring home the best riding lawn mower for hills riding lawn mower for hills and enjoy mowing to your heart’s content.
Comparison Chart of Riding Lawn Mowers:
- Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch
- Powered by a 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine
- Designed with an 18-Inch turning radius with 13x5-inch front wheels
- Manual power take-off for fast and easy blade engagement
- Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin 724
- 54-Inch reinforced stamped cutting deck
- Dual hydro-gear EZT transmission
- Electric clutch for easy blade engagement
- Troy-Bilt TB42 42-inch 420cc
- Powered by a 420cc single Troy-Bilt foot-pedal automatic CVT
- 42-inch mowing deck and 13-gauge steel Step
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
- Yard Machines 420cc
- Powered by a strong 420cc Engine
- Features a 42-inch blade that can cut a very wide area
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
- Poulan Pro P46ZX Briggs
- 46-Inch stamped reinforced deck 10 year warranty
- Hydro gear EZT transmission
- Electric clutch and 3.5 Gallon fuel tank
6 Top Rated Riding Lawn Mower for Hills Reviews:
Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
Mowing will now seem to be the smoothest job on earth with this Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower. What makes it score high among the best small riding lawn mower is its cutting deck of thirty inches, blending the advantages of a wide cut walk behind mower and a standard riding lawn mower. Standard landowners would just love considering this product as it can be stored quite effortlessly in a garage. What also stands responsible for its flawless performance is its super-efficient 382cc OHV engine. Furthermore, the mower comes with a five-height customizable blade that does the job cleanly. Durable and trendy, this riding lawn mower is no doubt a great pick at a suitable budget.
Features and Specifications:
- 6-speed shift-on-the-go makes it easier to change both the direction and speed quite smoothly
- 30-inch riding lawn makes it easier to maneuver and store in a shed
- 10.5-HP, 344cc Briggs engine results in outstanding performance and unmatched durability
- Easy to mow areas with 1.3-gallon fuel capacity that eliminates the need for refueling from time to time
- For having an 18-inch turning radius and 30-inch cutting deck, it makes navigation easier
- Mid-back seat can be adjusted so as to accommodate drivers of different heights
- Front wheel is 13 inches while the rear wheel is 16 inches
- High on power and compact in size that makes it easy to store
- Perfect for yards that are even or medium-sized
- Has the ability to make sharp turns with perfection
- Comes with a 5-height adjustable blade for better performance
- Cutting blades need to be disengaged for the reverse process
- Takes good long time for assembling
- The clutch/brake combo is not good
Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower
Blending comfort, strength, and versatility, Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series comes with a promise of a brilliant performance with its 18 HP Kohler OHV engine. A lot of users have loved operating this lawn mower for its hydrostatic transmission, resulting in smooth operation as well as the elimination of the need for shifting. With its 43-inch deck and 16-inch turning radius, it holds the ability to wipe away all obstacles while on the move. Furthermore, it’s any day worth the money for having 12 cutting height positions that can be easily chosen. So, if one has been searching for a feature-rich, LED enabled riding lawn mower, Cub Cadet XT1 is surely the one.
Features and Specifications:
- 12 cutting height positions along with a flexible lever makes it deliver the best cut
- Enabled LED lights to allow more visibility in all types of weather conditions
- 16-inch turning radius results in smooth maneuvering and cutting
- Extremely comfortable grip and soft touch makes it great for mowing on the move
- Its assembled depth, height, and width are 67 inches, 43 inches, and 52 inches respectively
- The deck material comprises a 13-gauge steel that makes it quite sturdy and long-lasting
- With 18 Horsepower, this lawn mower gives off a sensational performance
- Very easy to operate and quite simple to drive
- Equipped with high-power water jet to wipe off the garden debris
- Comes with 12 cutting levels that let you customize your lawn
- Battery indicator lets you know how long can you drive it
- Lack of accessories like sun cap, snow blade, snow thrower etc.
- Price is unreasonable in comparison to other mowers
Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin 724 cc Zero Turn Mower, 54″
Lawn mowers with cutting-edge designs and innovative features are usually the first preference for landowners, and this Husqvarna z254 does great justice in this respect. For lawn maintenance, this is indeed an incredible best zero turn mower for hills that comes with chrome plated valves, a big cooling fan, improved air filtration and finely finished bearing surfaces. It leaves no question in terms of its durability as its cutting deck is made of heavy-duty steel. Besides, it hardly needs any maintenance, which would certainly be quite a desirable feature for landowners. Also, its ergonomic control panel makes it completely user-friendly and a great choice for all those who are into regular mowing of lawns.
Features and Specifications:
- Equipped with a 54-inch cutting deck, this lawn mower makes it easier to mow the lawn without any effort
- Comes with an electric clutch, an automatic park brake and LED headlights that makes the driver drive with no hassles
- Stratton 24 HP V-Twin Endurance engine gives it enough power to work with absolute efficiency
- Powered by 26 Engine Horsepower and dual hydrostatic transmission
- Ideal to move on 3 to 5 acres of grass as well as on flat terrains
- Induction Mowing Technology cuts the grass finely and betters the grass lift
- Takes no effort and time in assembling
- Runs on a very powerful engine that strengthens its performance in the process
- Comes with a good turn radius and cuts really well
- Quite easy to use and very convenient to operate for drivers
- Emits noise when the engine is on
- Hills with higher slope are not where it will work
- Absence of fuel gauge
Troy-Bilt TB42 Auto Drive 7-Speed Side Discharge Riding Lawn Tractor
When you invest in a lawn mower, what you ensure is whether it’s completely dependable in getting its real job done. Troy-Bilt TB42 comes with a 42-inch mowing deck and 7-speed settings that will now give lawn mowing a whole new level. With an ability to deliver a mind-blowing performance, it comes powered by a 420cc Single Troy-Bilt engine. This would rather ease the job of mowing, adding perfection to it. Drivers would surely go for it for having a 13-gauge Step-Thru frame that would make a spacious area between the control panel and the seat for the legs to be placed. Moreover, its 1.36-gallon fuel tank makes this lawn mower absolutely worthy.
Features and Specifications:
- Runs on a 420 CC Single Troy-Bilt engine that is powerful enough to let it operate for long hours
- 7-speed settings and 42-inch mowing deck makes it effortlessly do the job
- 13-gauge Step-Thru frame makes enough space between the seat and the control panel, making drivers place their legs easily
- Front wheels are 15 x 6 inch while its rear wheels are 20 x 8 inch
- Equipped with a 1.36-gallon fuel tank, it eliminates the need for refueling
- It operates at a maximum speed of 5.2 miles per hour along with manual transmission to keep mowing in good control
- Has 7 different types of speeds for a cleaner performance
- Powered by a 420 CC Single Troy-Bilt engine for strength
- 13-gauge Step-Thru frame makes it easier for the operator to drive
- The fuel tank can hold up to 1.36 gallon
- Looks very bulky and not ideal for all types of yards
- Its 42-inch deck might fall short to do good to spacious backyards
Yard Machines 420cc 42-Inch Riding Lawn Tractor
If lawn mowing has been the hardest task for you, Yard Machines 420cc lawn tractor will now make things easier. Powered by a 420 cc engine, this new-age lawn mower comes with a 7-speed gear shift that would now inject more power to mow small ridges and hills with absolute perfection. No matter how grassy the area is, this land mower will get this job done in no time. Equipped with a 42-inch blade as well as a 430 cc engine, this lawn mower will be able to cut a wide area. Even if you are looking forward to mowing spacious yards, Yard Machines 420cc lawn tractor will be the best choice and that also without exhausting your pocket
Features and Specifications:
- Has a 42-inch deck that makes it quite convenient for mowing through yards
- With 7-speed shift and 420 CC Powermore engine, it operates with absolute efficiency
- Bagging and mulching enabled to keep your yard clean and spotless
- 18-inch turning radius makes it easier for maneuvering
- Its pivot bar is made of steel that makes it quite strong and durable
- Deck cutting width is 42 inches and has a 5-position height adjustment
- Front wheels are 15 x 6 inches while its rear wheels are 2 x 8 inches
- Has 7-speed gear shift that makes it ideal for small hills and ridges
- Moves with ease on dense and grassy areas
- Efficient enough to cut a wide area with its 42-inch blade
- Seating is quite comfortable that eases driving automatically
- Gas needs to be refueled from time to time
- Start-up power is not so strong
- Not so long-lasting and durable
Poulan Pro P46ZX Briggs V-Twin Pro Zero Turn Radius Riding Mower
Land owners looking for the best riding lawn mower for hills with more maneuverability can now bring home this Poulan Pro P46ZX Riding Mower. High on comfort, durability, and performance, this advanced mower comes with a dual wheel hydro transmission. With this, both the wheels stay in complete control and move flexibly in all directions. Moreover, what can be worthier than this mower that will take half the time of what other mowers would have taken? It’s quite durable and also needs minimal trimming in your yard. Now give a clean look to your yard with this stylish lawn mower that assures zero complications.
Features and Specifications:
- Powered by a 22 HP Brigs and Stratton engine that makes it perform with no flaws
- Has a 46-inch deck made of two-bladed steel and is, therefore, quite strong and durable
- Cutting height ranges from 1.5 inches to 4 inches that can be adjusted as per one’s convenience
- Equipped with a nose roller, a digital hour meter, user-friendly dual levers, three anti-scalp rollers
- 3-gallon fuel capacity and 6 MPH speed lets it mow up to 2.4 acres on an hourly basis
- Driving becomes easier with its electric clutch
- Very powerful and can trim up to 2.8 acres on an hourly basis
- Its Briggs V-twin Pro 24 HP engine lets the work done in quick time
- Six cutting height options are available for better performance
- Has a back seat, measuring 15 inches
- Traction delivered is not so strong when the mower is movement
- Needs a bit of assembling despite being assembled initially
Things to Consider Before Buying Best Riding Lawn Mower for Hills
If it’s big time that you need to adopt an effortless strategy for keeping your lawn clean and trimmed, you can always go for a riding lawn mower. Easy to mow and technologically advanced, lawn mowers can get your job done in quick time in comparison to manual labor. However, if you are clueless as what to look for in the best lawn mowers for steep hills that would only bring positive results, here are a few points that might help you in this process. Take a look:
- Yard conditions-
Prior to investing time into buying a riding mower, you must initially do a thorough inspection of your yard that needs to be mowed. Remember, it should be able to glide well through the bushes and around the trees. Therefore, it is very important to check its turning radius along with its front and rear wheels as to how well they can keep the drive as smooth as possible.
- Fuel support–
One of the advantages of diesel-based ride-on mowers is that they have sufficient torque. This is a reason why they are made to run by contractors at cheap prices on an hourly basis. Petrol, on the other hand, is cheaper to buy. However, when it comes to operation, they fall much more expensive. Diesel mowers are usually preferred by today’s landscapers.
- Engine power-
What many yard owners do is check the efficiency, power and other aspects of the engine. But what the majority fails to check whether the engine is having a good cooling system and also a proper oil filtering system. Remember, these aspects play a very important role in sustaining the engine’s longevity.
- Size of the mower deck –
Every lawn mower has a deck, and the smaller the yard, the smaller the deck. So, it again depends on the size your yard. If it is a big one, go for a mower with a wider deck that will cut the grass finely. Therefore, knowing the width of a mowing deck is very essential.
- User-friendliness –
This is a very important consideration when it comes to buying a lawn mower. If you are going to drive it or whoever it is, make sure that you are aware of all its functions. Right from its wheels to fuel recharging, everything should be known beforehand.
- Maintenance –
The job will still not be considered done unless you check how your lawn mower scores high in terms of maintenance. The engine is everything that will power up your mower. Therefore, it is very important to ensure that there are safety features that would safeguard the engine. This would certainly add to its longevity. So, choose a mower with such quality engine that can get rid of debris easily. The more they stay clogged with the engine, the higher the chances of damage.
Apart from these points, you can always talk to an expert who might come up with some more new considerations for your help. Well, don’t be too dilemmatic and go for the best riding mower for hills. Happy Mowing!!
Types of Riding Lawn Mowers:
Keeping complete care of a yard, whether big or small, is no joke. However, things can always ease up and get better with a lawn mower.With such moving technology, you are sure to add a clean, finished look to your lawn and of course stay satisfied at the end of the day. But the tricky job is choosing the best riding lawn mower for hills that will make the difference.
So, here is a list of the best lawn tractor for hills and their features that will help you understand which one to pick for your own purpose. Have a look:
- Self-propelled lawn mower–
If you are having a medium-sized lawn, which refers to more than half an acre of land, this one is for you. Resembling almost a push lawn mower, these are made to propel forward by means of a transmission. Self-propelled lawn mowers come in two different speed systems – Single-speed and Variable-speed.
- Push Lawn Mower –
Small lawn owners would always be happy with a Push Lawn Mower. These mowers usually operate by using multiple blades that vertically rotate for cutting the lawn. The best aspect about these mowers is that they do not use any type of oil. With a rear bagger and an 18-inch cutting width, it can haul away clippings with ease. Also, if you are having a flat lawn, a Push Lawn Mower can always be considered.
- Zero-turn Lawn Mower-
Lawn owners not willing to give much time to mowing and yet expecting a clean performance, a Zero-turn lawn mower will do complete justice. These mowers are quite hardy as some of them have their foundation on one-piece steel frames. Such mowers usually come with two lap bars that regulate the direction and speed of the rear wheels independently. All types of lawn edges can be trimmed with zero-turn lawn mowers. Flat lawns with little inclines will undergo quality mowing with these lawn mowers.
- Riding lawn mower –
People with larger properties, measuring up to two acres, will find Riding Lawn Mowers a suitable option. These lawn mowers are quite versatile as they have the ability to support diverse lawn mower attachments like snow plows and grass baggers. So, if you intend to make your mower pull spreaders and dump carts, this riding lawn mower would be ideal. However, there are several riding mowers that can handle both uneven and flat terrains and even get past all sorts of obstacles in the yard.
- Rear Engine Riding Mower–
Your mowing experience will never be as relaxing as what this riding mower will bring you. They are featured by smaller cutting decks and are quite economical in comparison to zero-turn mowers. However, they are incapable of pulling heavy attachments and do not run at high speed.
Now, you just need to analyze your lawn conditions and accordingly, choose the best mower for hills. Do it wisely and with no hurry so that your investment doesn’t go in vain.
Riding Lawn Mower Safety Tips:
Although you might have experience in lawn mowing, knowing how to stay safe during this process is always a wise thing. You might even have the best lawn mower that does the job perfectly. But sometimes you miss out certain things to sustain safety. So, here are a few safety tips for all those who are willing to mow their yard or planning to get into lawn mowing:
- Keeps kids away –
Do not take your lawn mower as a kids’ car as it demands distance from those little ones. Rather, you can always take your toddler in and get a short drive around your yard. Make sure that your child is not playing around or running with it for fun.
- Get proper shoes –
If you think lawn mowing is the coolest job that can be done by wearing a pair of sandals, just drop the idea. Go for footwear that is more stable so that you do not trip off while mowing. Sneakers can do a good job instead.
- Throw away hard substances –
Glass, stones, pebbles etc. can affect your process of mowing. These actually refer to yard missiles that might even cause damage to the wheels. So, the moment you start inspecting your yard, start accumulating and throw them away. Once done, start your mower.
- Drive forward and not backward –
You can cause a major mishap if you try to pull the mower towards you. Rather, the correct way is to get it going forward. While going backward, if you slip off unknowingly, you might be left with the mower resting on top of you.
- Wear safety goggles –
Many lawn owners consider it unnecessary but it is always better to wear a pair of safety goggles while mowing. Taking precautions beforehand will let you enjoy mowing like anything.
Now that you have got a sharp idea about the right lawn mower to be used for maintaining your lawn, you can now bring home the best riding lawn mower for hills. Just make sure that the one you are going to consider is strong and durable enough to withstand uneven areas and other obstacles while mowing. Moreover, check the deck size, the blade length, how compact the size is and the engine power. Remember, you might have to mow spacious yards, and accordingly, you need to make the choice. So, keep all these points in mind, check the driving aspects and pick the right mower within your budget.
Want to try something a bit more conventional then continue reading The Top 5 Best Electric Lawn Mower Reviews.